Daily Gosho Passage - 14 February
Jim Heckler
2006-02-14 00:47:48 UTC
Nam - Myoho - Renge - Kyo

As you crave food when hungry, seek water when thirsty, long to see a
lover, beg for medicine when ill, or as a beautiful woman desires
powder and rouge, so should you put your faith in the Lotus Sutra. If
you do not, you will regret it later.

Persecution by Sword and Staff
MWND, Vol. II, p. 306

Nam - Myoho - Renge - Kyo
Nrdo Hesson
2006-02-14 04:52:30 UTC
Post by Jim Heckler
As you crave food when hungry, seek water when thirsty, long to see a
lover, beg for medicine when ill, or as a beautiful woman desires
powder and rouge, so should you put your faith in the Lotus Sutra. If
you do not, you will regret it later.
Persecution by Sword and Staff
MWND, Vol. II, p. 306
forget the sutras
belief, itself, is the great sin

remove obstacles to waking up
--
If you know who you are, Nrdo Hesson
you know who I am. ***@yahoo.com
Mark P.
2006-02-14 05:52:18 UTC
Post by Nrdo Hesson
forget the sutras
belief, itself, is the great sin
remove obstacles to waking up
Zen nonsense! The Sutras are what got your sect to where it is.

Mark Porter
"The mirror of our mind and the mirror of the Buddha's mind are in fact the same mirror."
Try the new refined search feature on 175 Gosho at
http://perltng.com/lotus/
Mark P.
2006-02-14 06:18:32 UTC
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 05:52:18 GMT, ***@delete.perltng.com (Mark P.)
wrote:

If it were not for the Great Concentration and Insight (Maka Shikan),
there would be no Zen! Nichiren did not ever denigrate Dogen because
his Zen practice was based on the Lotus Sutra. He was only against the
perverted versions of Zen that denied the sutras, because without the
sutras Zen has no basis.

All the mind games you want to play cannot deny the fact that Zen
exists because of the sutras, and I don't know of any Buddhist sect
that teaches ignorance as a path to enlightenment!