Daily Gosho Passage - 30 May
Jim Heckler
2007-05-29 22:36:46 UTC
Nam – Myoho – Renge – Kyo

As for my parents in this lifetime, however, they not only gave me
birth, but made me a believer in the Lotus Sutra as well. Thus I owe
my present father and mother a debt far greater than I would had I
been born into the family of Bonten, Taishaku, one of the Four
Heavenly Kings or a wheel-turning king, and so inherited the threefold
world or the four continents, and been revered by the four kinds of
believers in the worlds of Humanity and Heaven.

The Four Debts of Gratitude;
MWND, Vol. 5, p. 8

Nam – Myoho – Renge - Kyo
Kurt
2007-05-29 22:47:06 UTC
Post by Jim Heckler
Nam – Myoho – Renge – Kyo
As for my parents in this lifetime, however, they not only gave me
birth, but made me a believer in the Lotus Sutra as well. Thus I owe
my present father and mother a debt far greater than I would had I
been born into the family of Bonten, Taishaku, one of the Four
Heavenly Kings or a wheel-turning king, and so inherited the threefold
world or the four continents, and been revered by the four kinds of
believers in the worlds of Humanity and Heaven.
The Four Debts of Gratitude;
MWND, Vol. 5, p. 8
Nam – Myoho – Renge - Kyo
Hey Jim, nice to see you posting.
Jim Heckler
2007-05-31 04:02:11 UTC
Post by Kurt
Post by Jim Heckler
Nam – Myoho – Renge – Kyo
As for my parents in this lifetime, however, they not only gave me
birth, but made me a believer in the Lotus Sutra as well. Thus I owe
my present father and mother a debt far greater than I would had I
been born into the family of Bonten, Taishaku, one of the Four
Heavenly Kings or a wheel-turning king, and so inherited the threefold
world or the four continents, and been revered by the four kinds of
believers in the worlds of Humanity and Heaven.
The Four Debts of Gratitude;
MWND, Vol. 5, p. 8
Nam – Myoho – Renge - Kyo
Hey Jim, nice to see you posting.
Thanks, it's great to be posting. The latest "mix of meds" I'm on is
really something - I'm either sleeping 22 hours (literally) a day or
I'm awake for a couple of days. At least most of my hair is staying in
this time (eyebrows a little iffy - some fallout, not much - otherwise
all OK).

Say, what's going with ARBN? I have never seen it's postings so
clean, quiet, and mostly understandable. I noticed certain posters
conspicuously absent. It's kind of creepy, in a way. Oh well, let's
not lok a gift horse in the mouth. Or a stoned bird in the butt, you
might get pooped on!

Again, thanks.

Jim

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo
Kurt
2007-05-31 15:11:02 UTC
Post by Jim Heckler
Post by Kurt
Post by Jim Heckler
[...]
LOL

The only life in the group has either been the spill-over cross posting
from the zen group because of Chas' rants or a few non-nichiren buddhist
posts. Not many use Usenet anymore.
Jim Heckler
2007-06-16 18:36:06 UTC
I am back home, and ready to start posting the Gosho passages again.
Although I'm still heavily medicated, my thought processes are not
impaired, and I will start to play "catch-up" later today.

I want to thank those who took time to write, and pray that you all
have good health.

Jim

Nam - Myoho - Renge - Kyo
Kurt
2007-06-17 23:57:05 UTC
Post by Jim Heckler
I am back home, and ready to start posting the Gosho passages again.
Although I'm still heavily medicated, my thought processes are not
impaired, and I will start to play "catch-up" later today.
I want to thank those who took time to write, and pray that you all
have good health.
Jim
Nam - Myoho - Renge - Kyo
Thanks. It's the only relevant (and worthwhile) material being posted
here lately.